Importing Address Books
If you are migrating from another personal information manager
or e-mail client and want to import your address book or contact
list, Outlook contains different conversion filters for this
purpose. Outlook even provides you with an Import / Export
Wizard that walks you through the steps of importing address
lists and address books from these other software packages.
Step by Step
- Click File, and then select Import
and Export. The Outlook Import and Export Wizard
- On the first wizard screen, you can choose to import e-mail
and contacts information from another e-mail client, such
as Outlook Express or Netscape, by selecting Importing
Internet Mail and Addresses, then click Next.
- Select the e-mail client, such as Outlook Express, that
holds the information that you will import to Outlook. Then
- Choose the Outlook Address book that will hold the imported
information. Choose the Personal Address Book
option or the Outlook Contacts Folder option
button to specify the destination for the imported records.
- After making your selections, click Finish.
Data Import facility.