Did you get the Email I Sent?
With the Read Receipt feature in Outlook, you can track if
and when someone has read an e-mail message you've sent. So,
instead of wondering, "Has my e-mail been read yet?", you
can know for sure.
Step by Step
- Before you send your message, on the View menu,
- Select the Request a read receipt for this message
check box and click Close.
To automatically track all e-mail that you send:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options,
and then click Tracking Options.
- Select the Request a read receipt for all messages
I send check box and click OK.
Now as soon as the recipient opens an e-mail message you've
sent, Outlook automatically sends a message back notifying
you that it's been read. Or if the recipient deleted the message
without reading it, you'll know that too.
Note: If your recipient's e-mail server does not
support this feature, you will not be able to track if the
message was read. Microsoft Exchange Server is one server
that does provide full message tracking capabilities.