It is a great relationship
building idea to acknowledge your clients birthday or anniversary.
It is always so impressive, and with Outlook 2000 it is so
Perhaps you would like to see a list of all the birthdays
that occur this month. This criteria would be dynamic according
to the month determined by your system calendar settings.
Therefore at the beginning of the next month, the view would
update to the current months birthdays.
Step by Step
- On the details tab of the Contact view, select
the correct birthday from the drop down arrow. Complete
this step for all your contacts.
- From the menu bar, select View, Current
View and Define Views.
- Click the New button, and type Birthdays
- Ensure that This folder, visible to everyone
- The View summary dialog box will automatically
- Click the Filter button. From the advanced tab,
click the Field button, Personal Fields, and
- In the Condition drop down list, select this
month and click the Add to List button. This
criteria will appear in the white box at the top of the
- Click OK to accept this criteria.
- If you want to see the birthday date in the list view
without opening the contact, then click the fields button
on the View Summary dialog box and from the Select available
fields from list, choose Personal fields.
- Click the birthday field from the list on the
left and press the add button to move the field to
the list on the right side of the dialog box.
- Click OK, and OK again and then Close
to view this information.
- Click the drop down arrow on the current view field situated
on the toolbar to see similarly defined views or default