Recording Entry Manually
You can record items in the Journal
manually using existing items such as e-mail messages. For
example, you might add an e-mail message to the Journal that
is not normally recorded.
Step by Step
- In the Inbox folder (or any other folder
in Outlook), select the item you want to record in the Journal
and drag it onto the Journal folder icon in the Folder List
(or drag it onto the Journal folder icon on the Outlook
- The Information in the Subject, Entry Type, Contact and
Company Boxes and some other information is entered for
you from the selected task, contact, or other selected item.
You can change any of the statistics you want by entering
new information into the following text boxes.
- Subject displays the title or name
of the Journal item.
- Entry Type describes the item based
on its point of origin, such as a Word document, appointment
- Company lists the company or companies
associated with the contacts.
- Start Time displays the date and
time of the meeting, appointment, or other item.
- Start Timer records the time that
passes until you click the Pause Timer button.
- Pause Timer stops the timer.
- Duration displays a shortcut to the
item you originally dragged onto the Journal icon to
create a new entry (e.g. Calendar appointment, a contact
or message). You can open the item by double clicking
the shortcut icon.
- Contacts lists the name(s) of any
attendees, contacts or other people involved with the
- Categories enter or select a category
that you want to assign to the Journal entry
- Click Save and Close to complete the