Managing the Inbox
With many contact
lists, several e-mail addresses and newletters from web-based
vendors, you'll soon find your inbox full of e-mails. Oulook
offers numerous ways to alleviate this problem, including
views, filters and folders, but the simpliest method may be
to sort the messages into order by table heading.
Step by Step
- Click the header to sort in ascending order.
- Click the same header again to reverse the sequence ie
- Hold down the Shift, and click another
field for a second level of sort eg subject to
sort by topic within sender.
- You can choose the sort sequence by right clicking the
header. This menu also provides you with the option to group
message by any field. Outlook will ignore the RE and FW
prefixes in the subject field when sorting.
To choose a new view:
- Select View from the menu bar and then
Current View. Click on any one of the views
offered eg Last Seven Days.
- Click on the + to expand the group and
- to collapse the group.