Check the Status of a Task
In the same way as you assign a task to remind yourself to
do something; you can also assign a task to someone else.
You can keep a copy of that task in your task list so that
you can track its completion.
Step by Step
- In an open task item, click the Assign task
button at the top of the form.
- The To box will appear allowing you
to select a name from the Outlook address book of the person
to whom you are assigning this task.
- Also, when you select the Assign task
button on the toolbar, you will notice two checkboxes that
are available; Keep an updated copy of this task on my task
list and Send me a status report when this task is complete.
- Leave these checkboxes ticked if you wish to have Outlook
track this task for you.
- Send the task.
- When the task is accepted the recipient can select the
status of the task and send update reports (a button on
the toolbar) to the person who assigned the task.